The Inside Scoop…
UncommonChick.com – A lifestyle community whose mission is to create a new normal, seek and spark daring souls to take positive, remarkable action, and call upon un-common sense to help you get MORE (freedom, money, sex, happiness, love, joy etc.) out of life.
You’ll get the content you need to give you knowledge (especially that which we weren’t taught in school), learn how to APPLY that knowledge, and do it in a way that is FUN and life changing.
Who Are You?
You want to be more of who you really are without the need to conform to society’s standards. In doing so, you want to remove worry, stress, and fear (or at least learn to deal with these things a bit better) from your life and live life more joyfully and to the fullest. Sounds like you? Great, you’re in the right place!
Who Am I?
Well, I’m a passionate Pisces, perpetual optimist, WordPress web designer, blogger, avid reader, uncommonly sensible, always laughing, cheese-eating connoisseur, easily bribed with Oreos & an all around cool diva!
I hold down a full time job along with running my own business, XD Web Solutions, where I blog about web design strategies, social media tips, and small business online media tactics.
I intend to help you…
- Live Your Truth
- Stand In Your Greatness and Become More Confident
- Create A More Adventurous, Holistic Life
- Snatch Back The YOU You May Have Lost
- Stir Your Soul To Do Great Things
- Be UNCOMFORTABLE with the status quo and mediocrity!
- (Re)Create a Mindset That Allows You To Overcome Any Obstacle
My goal is to provide tips, resources, and writings that will inspire, motivate, and lead you to create the life you desire! I LOOOOOVE when people color outside the lines and play in AND outside the box. Fun!
Of yeah, there’s an extended version of who I am. Read it here.
My Ultimate Uncommon Chick Philosophy
“Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.”
- as so wonderfully stated by Cecil Beaton!
Because being normal is waaaay overrated! So I want to create a new normal and when that becomes mainstream, we’ll seek to create an even newer normal and the cycle continues
Note: I’ve often been called weird or uncommon or “something else” by friends so I just go with it! LOL
So I invite you to:
- Come in, kick your heels up, and stay for awhile,
- Read about experiences from me and my friends/family (names will be changed to protect the
- Learn you something,
- Have fun with it all (I’m usually spotted with a smile on my face or laughing out loud)
- Definitely leave your thoughts, comments, feedback. It’s no fun if I’m just talking to myself (okay, maybe sometimes).
Looking for a Media Kit?
Here ya go!
Accolades and All That Jazz:
- Logallot – 26 Awesome Women Bloggers, Blogs of the Month and Blogger Spotlight
- Glamazini – Natural Nuances
- A Guide for Women – Wonderful Woman feature
- WeGotKidz - 16 Breakout Women Bloggers of 2013
Want More? The Extended “About Me” Version (grab your cup of Joe!)
Name: Well, that depends on how you know me. I am Kesha, Rochelle, Cookie, Choklate Drop (only my Aunt can call me this!), or if you feel like singing all 3 syllables – Lakesha.
Age: Grown up yet young at heart!
My Arrival: Born in East Boogie, a.k.a. East St. Louis, IL., I am a Passionate Pisces with all of the Piscean ways!
Currently Living: St. Louis, MO area
Earning My Keep: I earn an income a few different ways: web consultant and designer to the stars (er, aren’t we all stars?!) and affiliate marketing. I can’t tell you my other streams of income or I’d have to kill ya
- Reading, writing, arithmetic (seriously, I still do this!)
- Styling my natural hair (or trying to anyway)
- Traveling whenever I find the cash (no travel companion needed)
- Scrapbooking (expensive hobby!)
- Online research and social media (basically playing around online)
kids: technically none (and will keep it that way), but I spend so much time with my niece and nephew, herein known as The Boo Boos, that I consider them mine (umm, when they aren’t acting up that is)
Pets: Okay, so my real child is my cat, Precious…she’s 13 and likes spas and and relaxing by any kind of water – kind of like her mother
Her Interests: sleeping, relaxing, and being pampered – she’s so spoiled!
No, it’s not to save the world and wish for world peace. After much thought and soul-searching, I have defined my personal mission as:
- live with true happiness;
- achieve financial freedom;
- positively influence the lives of others in some way;
- passionately pursue my dreams;
- have fun living life and enjoying the journey;
- …time + health + money = TRUE wealth…
- …in working
hardsmart and playing hardersmarter…
- …there is only one success: to be able to live (spend) your life in your own way… (source: Christopher Morley)
- …to dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are… (source unknown)
f*@%forget tradition – enjoy life the way you want it!
Note: All ideas, views, and opinions expressed here on MY blog are MINE (unless specifically noted otherwise). If you don’t like and/or disagree with any of the content on the site, please feel free to comment anyway because I know we all have our opinions. However, we’re all adults so be respectful or I will do my best to respond with one of the following:
- Suck It (or Sucks to be You, whichever one fits)
- Kick Rocks
- Get a Life