Note: this post will remind you to charge up yer old batt’ries! :-)
Can you answer the following?
- What is the most popular vibrator today? Hint: Japanese law affected its design…
- Vibrators were considered a home appliance. True or False?
- Which popular catalog sold an electric vibrator 9 years before it sold an electric vacuum and 10 years before an electric iron? Hint: Ask your great grandma as it was back in 1918…LOL
Gone are the days when sex toys were a taboo topic predominantly associated with a shady porn industry. Sex toys are set to match smartphone sales in the next ten years, and much of this is due to the increasing salaries and freedom of women in America over the past few generations. – Adam & Eve
Facts You Didn’t Know About Sex Toys
In addition to the facts in the infographic below, here are a few other uncommon facts about sex toys:
- Sex toys are recession proof! At a time when people are spending less, a lot of people, mostly women, have not given up on their toys. Adam & Eve reported a 17 percent uptick in purchases in 2009, while sales of the Trojan Vibrating Mini Massager were up 20 percent.
- Ladies, the woman next to you right now gets her “bzzzzzzzz” on (and if there isn’t one, then it’s you) According to the Journal of Sexual Medicine, 1 in 2 women use a vibrator in America.
- Women who use vibrators have healthier poonannies. Don’t take my word for it. Again, the Journal of Sexual Medicine (probably a bunch of men who LOVE their jobs as they get to do these types of studies!) says that women who use vibrators are more likely to have visited the gynocologist and also do visual self-checks. Makes sense as these are the women who are usually more in touch with their bodies.
- What’s the best selling sex toy? It’s not what you’d expect. It’s actually not even a toy in my book. The answer is lube according to Babeland. Need new toys? They got your back!
- Cosmo magazine has a cool article about 5 Weird-as-Hell Sex-cessories. Check it out.
Presented by Adam & Eve – Scandalous facts you didn’t know about sex toys
Over to you…
One very interesting note depicted here is the location of the top 10 sex toy states. Wyoming is #1? Really? What are your thoughts about that?