Let’s do it!!
Today starts the day I embark upon a 30 day Mind, Body, Soul Challenge!
Some of you may remember this as the same theme – mind, body, soul – of my one year blogiversary celebration last month. I figured these areas can always be improved upon so why not keep it going! 🙂
Mind, Body, Soul Challenge
In a nutshell, the challenge is about creating better habits in all areas of our lives.
Some of my goals include:
- Mind – increase memory retention, be more productive, think more clearly…
- Body – develop better fitness and healthier food consumption habits…
- Soul – create more positive self talk, be more confident with Self, ensure emotional wellness…
What about you? What are some of your goals in these areas?
There are several tasks I can do daily to [directly or indirectly] accomplish these goals as identified below under daily habits tracking.
In addition, to help keep myself accountable to what I SAY I want, I’ll be posting a photo a day on my Facebook Fan page depicting motivation relating to the theme, my workouts, food habits, or anything else that keeps me on track and hopefully that which can help you as well.
I figure since I’m putting it out there to the world (yes, the whole world may be watching me!), it will help keep me in line. Hey, who knows…maybe I’ll motivate and/or influence someone else to follow through with their goals which would be awesome!
Daily Habits Tracking
So as I’m a planner and like to write things down, I was inspired by Sebastian Marshall’s series about daily time, habit, and life tracking and measuring results to keep track of my goals and habits during the challenge.
Why use a tracker you ask?
Download a copy of the Excel file (.xlsx) to edit and use for your own needs!
As you can see in the above Excel spreadsheet where I’m tracking key habits and goals, there are several things I’m doing on a daily basis to keep my mind on the things I know I need to be doing to create not only more positive habits but also a more productive day so that at the end of the day and week, I have time for myself. THAT’S what missing right now for me. I don’t create enough “me time.” 🙁
I miss scrapbooking, latch hooking, my pamper me days, and time to do absolutely nothing!
So with these habits in place, I can be sure to create that time I want and still get things done.
How I’m Making These Habits Stick
Sometimes, I’m good in changing/creating better habits for about a week or two but then I falter. So I’ve found that by doing these strategies, I can achieve longer lasting results.
- Make habits more social. This is what this post is all about because it can be tough to change habits if you try to do it alone. Find others who can help support you in creating better habits.
- Make it a priority. Do you put off your habits because of [fill in the blank with your favorite excuse]? The truth is if you’re going to be successful in any area of your life, it has to be a top priority. If you don’t have the time, you’ll have to create the space in your life to make it happen.
- Take the first step. The most important thing is to just get started. Make the declaration to join me in this challenge. That’s the first step! 🙂 Don’t let the temptation to have everything perfectly in place before you start bog you down. Just do it (thanks Nike!)
Taking the proper actions repeatedly over an extended period of time is what will make our new habits stick!
Won’t You Join Me?
If you have any goals you want to accomplish in any or all of these areas – mind, body, or soul – and want some accountability (ummm, who doesn’t!), please join me! We can help keep other on track regardless of your goals. Also, if you want to share any tips on how to create and maintain positive habits, please do so in the comments below!