It’s estimated that there are about 7 billion people on this earth and even though that seems like a lot (it IS!), we may think we can’t make a difference as a tiny organism in the big scheme of things.
But that can’t be further from the truth!
YOU can definitely make a difference. Every good thing starts with one person. Today that person is YOU!
We are going to change the world. Yep, me and you. And we’re gonna start with small, yet hugely impactful, acts of kindness.
The best part is, you get to decide how you’ll do so AND it doesn’t take up too much of your time.
For instance, here are some things you can do to start:
- Give your server a compliment to his/her manager.
- Do something nice for your neighbors, like mow their lawn.
- Look someone in the eyes and genuinely smile.
- Let someone in front of you at the bank or store.
- Open the door for someone (few people do this!).
- Put money in someone’s meter.
- Send someone a handwritten note.
- Give someone a long, warm hug.
- Tell your friends/family you love them out of the blue.
- Send a peer’s boss a kudo for a job well done.
- In traffic, let someone in front of you.
- Have a “normal” conversation with a homeless person.
- Cook a meal for someone who’s going through a rough time.
- Give something away when you buy something new.
- Tell someone who has made a difference in your life how much you appreciate him.
- Forgive someone and don’t hold it against them later.
- Help the parent with the crying baby on the plane.
- Freely offer your skills.
- Cut someone some slack.
- Buy a meal for a stranger.
- Pick up litter.
- Donate old electronics.
- Leave better tips.
- Be patient with others (and yourself).
25 Random Acts of Kindness (Printable Version)
Click to Enlarge
What goes around comes around. What you give is what you get. Make what you give beautiful. Kindness is beautiful. ~AspireThenInspire
You see, kindness directly influences your propensity for happiness, science shows. Not only that, kindness improves your health, the recipient’s health, and all of our happiness!
YouTube link for RSS and email subscribers: https://youtu.be/nwAYpLVyeFU
Will you take the pledge and help make kindness go viral? All it takes is one simple act. It starts with one. Let’s do this! Tell me what you’ll do first in the comments below!