This last week of 2011 is a great opportunity to kick back, relax, and ponder our goals for the coming year. This is the time of year where most of us ask questions like - What will I do differently, what do I plan on giving to others, what will I stop complaining about (hint, hint)…
As 2011 draws to a close and we prepare to box it up and store it away, I started reflecting on what happened, how I could have made it better, what I did successfully, etc. In doing so I thought I’d share with you some of my general thoughts in a letter to 2011, 2012, and YOU!
Note: You will notice I haven’t mentioned anything about New Year Resolutions. I am not particularly a fan. For most, resolutions are usually just a set up for disappointment, short lived expectations, and failed goals. By February, all those “resolutions” they made fly out the window. I’d rather think about it as making plans like anything else. Just that small change in perspective can make a difference for a lot of people. But I digress. On to my letter…
It’s been a good ride. Now it’s time to say goodbye (teary eyed) and I want you to know I give many thanks for being able to share the year’s journey with you. Thanks to you, I have achieved the following:
- Became smarter
- Loved harder
- Learned to really say NO and with meaning
- Gained new friends and reconnected with old ones
- Created bucket lists
- Gained an enhanced look on life
- Started this awesome blog ; – )
- Started a gratitude journal
- Know a bit more of what I want to do when I grow up
- Learned some lessons I will never forget and shared some along the way
- Absorbed almost everything around me in order to prepare for the future
- Became a member of the ever so lovely sistatribe with my girls The Cubicle Chick, Smart Money Chicks, and Glamazini
- Learned there are more people than I can shake a stick at who loves me for who I am and are confident in the great person that I am and will become…
- I know you will be a year of bringing more of my dreams to reality, personally and professionally. I know this because I’ve already claimed it!
- I know that you will be even better to me than 2011 (no offense 2011)
- You will bring even more amazing people and exciting events into my life.
- I will be pushing myself even more out of my comfort zone, living up to the Uncommon Philosophy, allowing me to enjoy life to the fullest.
- and much, MUCH more…
To You – My Dear Readers,
I owe you a debt of gratitude for subscribing, commenting, liking, friending, following, plussing, linking, stumbling, tribing with me and all the other things you do ever so graciously! You’ve helped me achieve so much with this blog in these short 4 months (blog born on 9/1/11)! The sparkling grape juice on New Year’s Eve will taste a little sweeter this year knowing you guys have my back
With that said, here’s my wish for you:
Wherever you are and whatever you plan on doing, I hope all your expectations and goals are met. Please accept my wishes for a healthy, happy, productive and awe-inspiring New Year!
How will you make 2012 the best and most satisfying year of your life?
Remember: Life has no remote; you gotta get up and change it yourself! Let the fun continue…