I’m sure you already know that your experiences are shaped by your thinking. Even obstacles have a value when you can see it.
But did you also know that you can intentionally develop convictions (rather than allowing stuff to just happen TO you) that will help you to feel happier and achieve more, regardless of the situation?
Well, that’s why I created this article…just for you! 🙂 I want you to embody these 16 empowering beliefs so you can start using them today to transform your life through the power of positive, purposeful, powerful thinking.
8 Empowering Beliefs (To Make You Smile)
- I understand my potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential and turn feeling powerless to pondering possibilities.
- I count my blessings. List 5, 25, or even 100 things that you are grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like warm socks to walk around in or being able to buy toiletries. It’s the little things that can lighten your mood! Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
- I learn from mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Totally bombing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one.
- I find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of your life (although we certainly don’t see it that way when we’re going through them). Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and reassure yourself that you can handle what’s ahead.
- I embrace change. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way. Not changing is death.
- I dream big. Expand your desire list. Setting demanding but attainable goals gives you adventures to look forward to each day. Stop thinking small too; it hurts no one but you (oh and everybody else that you surround yourself with).
- I practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Forgive yourself too because that’s who forgiveness is really for anyway.
- I give generously. Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today. Buy hot chocolate for your co-workers or give your spouse a flower.
8 Empowering Beliefs (To Make You Strive)
- I take responsibility. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to determine your own future. Resist feeling like a victim.
- I apply effort. Figure out your definition of success so you know what is worth working for. Give yourself credit when you’re making progress rather than comparing yourself to others.
- I leverage my strengths. You have your own individual strengths that you can draw on. Figure out what you’re good at and what you want to do. Let that knowledge guide your choices.
- I listen to feedback. Ask for feedback so you can improve your performance and show others that you respect their point of view. You grow faster when you gather solid input that you can translate into action.
- I ask for help. Boy oh boy, do we have a time with this one! Asking for help is huge and there are ways to go about doing it as found in this article. In the meantime, start building a sturdy support network of trusted people you can go to when you need something. Everybody needs something, even you!
- I connect with others. Moral support counts too. Surround yourself with loving and encouraging family and friends. Participate actively in your community. Join a club with members who share your interests.
- I recognize opportunities. Stay alert for promising opportunities. You may meet a new friend, partner, or that person whose going to change your life while you’re standing in line to buy your morning coffee (which is another reason to treat everyone with respect because you don’t know who you’ll run into).
- I try new things. Be open to experimentation. You never know, you might discover hidden talents or that you enjoy something new and different. An upbeat attitude while you’re trying new things increases your happiness and productivity overall too.
Over to you…
Now, take a moment and read each empowering belief as an affirmation. Own it. Honor it. Believe it.
Next, question your old assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of trust, love and certainty about yourself and your future. You’ll be glad you did!
Share with me your thoughts in the comments below!