It was an email going around a while back titled “Adult Truths” that listed several things you eventually learn as an adult. Pretty funny and true for most of these. So I share these with you in case you haven’t seen them before. Enjoy!
- I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die. (you know who you are!)
- Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
- I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
- There is great need for a sarcasm font.
- How in the world are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? (I just roll and roll and roll!)
- Was learning cursive really necessary?
- MapQuest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. (LOL)
- Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
- I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
- Bad decisions make good stories.
- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. (YES!)
- Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my Collection…again. (thank you!)
- I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to. (this applies to other apps too)
- I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. (this is a must!)
- I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
- I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option. (ROTFL!!)
- I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
- How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said? (I feel bad sometimes after like the third What because I don’t want to keep asking… )
- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
- Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is. (LOL!)
- Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey, but I’d bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
- The first testicular guard, the “Cup,” was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important. (OMG, can’t stop laughing!)
- Has anyone figured out why there’s an eject button on the DVD remote? Don’t you still have to get up and take out the DVD??? (Umm, I sometimes hit Eject when people are over just so they can take it out for me….shhh!)
Over to you…
Do you have any other “adult truths” to share? I’d love to hear your thoughts!