So as I get older, I realize that I’m only gonna be young, vibrant, and energetic for so long (smile) so I better get started doing what I want to do in life. My friend, Andrea Amir of Skinny Riches (<< check hers out as well), suggested we each create our ‘40 Things Before Age 40‘ list, somewhat of a bucket list, if you will.
So here goes. I have approximately
7 6 5 4 3 2 1 year left…time to get on the move! I’m already thinking about when and how I’m gonna do most of this – #WIN! 🙂
[Created: 9/2011; Last Update: 1/2017]
- Take a trip off the continent. I need to get off of North America and explore the rest of the world! – Complete (Went to Europe in December 2014!)
- Get back to a size 12. I’m not shooting for a number really, more so a size (12, since that’s when I had more fly gear :-)).
- Do one round of 4 Hour Body for fat loss as part of my fitness plan.
- Wear a bikini (a tankini is accepted 🙂 ) – and look fantabulous in it!
- Have a “true” emergency fund. For us single women, we need at least 6 months worth of expenses saved up…I’m a bit short – whoops!
- Do 1 unassisted pull-up. I apparently have NO upper body strength. Time to start working out my arms!
- Learn Spanish – again! I was cool in Spanish back in college (almost minored in it) and then lost it almost completely through disuse. Where are my fluent Spanish speaking friends with whom I can talk to every now and then so I can keep up??? (Now using the DuoLingo app and bought a book)
- Finish a latch hook kit craft project that’s been under my bed for years.
- Ride in a hot air balloon. I’m scared of heights, but somehow I think this would just be so cool.
- Start a podcast as an extension of the blog. – Complete
- Start a personal blog (this one, yah! Launched Sept 2011!) – Complete
- Visit the Grand Canyon. Completed February 2015!
- See the 7 Wonders of the World – okay maybe at least one because this is a huge goal!! Complete (Grand Canyon, I no longer have a desire to see the other locations anymore)
- Monthly massages and consistent pamper me days. – Completing (ongoing)
- Buy a motorcycle and renew my license.
- Take my niece and nephew to experience the wonderfulness of Universal Studios in Orlando, FL. – Complete
- Go to Costa Rica. – Completed December 2016
- Take my multivitamins every single day without missing (at least for a month). So simple yet I haven’t done this yet! – Complete
- Ride in a helicopter (daggone fear of heights has kept me from this but I still want to do it).
- Conduct more speaking engagements professionally. Completing (ongoing)
- Buy a hammock for those cool, easy breezy days to lay back and read.
- Spend more time meditating daily. 10-15 minutes a day is all I ask. Completing (ongoing)
- Learn to swim. It’s just plain embarrassing to say I can’t swim at my age. Doh!
- Start using coupons more. Who doesn’t like to save??? As a matter of fact, I just bought a St. Louis Entertainment book. Now I just have to remember to use it! – Complete
- Have a thriving side hustle that will move me towards my goal of financial independence. Complete (Uncommon Chick Media, LLC!)
- Write more erotica (and publish). Yes, I used to write short stories and no they aren’t published anywhere, yet… 😉
- Get back to reading a book a month, at least. I love to read but haven’t been doing so very often lately. – Complete
- Go to New York City and be a complete tourist. – Complete (check the pics!)
- See Zumanity, the sensual side of Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas! Complete and wasn’t as impressed as I’d thought I’d be but now I can scratch it off my list!
- Create and sell infoproducts. – Complete Yeah so you can check out my Color. Escape. Renew coloring book and some Uncommon Chick gear!
- Go to Aruba to the Soul Beach Music Festival. – Complete May 2013 and I wrote a post about it…
- Go somewhere really fun and exciting for my 40th birthday.
- Obtain a new rental property (or flip a house).
- Hire an assistant. Or clone myself! Complete; finally Twanna Gill of Virtual Empress to the rescue!
- Take a beginner sewing class.
- Get a Mac – finally! – Complete
- Watch less TV. I’m sure the time saved here can help me reach some of the other goals! – (I’m down to just recording and watching my fav shows) – Complete
- Create a living will. – Complete
- Ride a bull, mechanical that is! – Complete (now I need to beat my 8 seconds time!)
- Create Vision Board retreats/events teaching people how to create and use them.
Bonuses (because there’s so much I want to do)
41. Learns the basics of hula hooping. – Update – bought a weighted hoop; now gotta use it!
42. Do a head stand (unassisted).
43. Attend the World Domination Summit 2014. – Complete and had a blast!!
44. Have no credit card balances or car note! – Car note paid off; now working on 2 CCs.
45. Attend Awesomenessfest 2014. Didn’t get chosen (bummer) but maybe I’ll apply again this year.
46. Go to LifeBook and get my life development system created. No longer a goal.
47. Go on a personal retreat. – Complete; I attended Nourish 2013!
What About You?
Do you have any 25 before 25, 30 before 30, 40 before 40, etc. goals or list? Please share a link to your post or leave a comment below with your big goals!
My Friends’ Lists
- Andrea Amir of Skinny Riches
- The Cubicle Chick’s List
- MELISASource’s List
- Glamazini’s List
- The Black Freelancer’s List