So as I get older, I realize that I’m only gonna be young, vibrant, and energetic for so long (smile) so I better get started doing what I want to do in life. My friend, Andrea Amir of Skinny Riches (<< check hers out as well), suggested we each create our ‘40 Things Before Age 40‘ list, somewhat of a bucket list, if you will.
So here goes. I have approximately
7 6 5 years left…time to get on the move! I’m already thinking about when and how I’m gonna do most of this – #WIN!
[Created: 9/2011; Last Update: 6/2013]
- Take a trip off the continent. I need to get off of North America and explore the rest of the world!
- Get back to a size 12. I’m not shooting for a number really, more so a size (12, since that’s when I had more fly gear ).
- Do one round of 4 Hour Body for fat loss as part of my fitness plan.
- Wear a bikini – and look fantabulous in it!
- Have a “true” emergency fund. For us single women, we need at least 6 months worth…I’m a bit short – whoops!
- Do 1 unassisted pull-up. I apparently have NO upper body strength. Time to start working out my arms!
- Learn Spanish – again! I was cool in Spanish back in college (almost minored in it) and then lost it almost completely through disuse. Where are my fluent Spanish speaking friends with whom I can talk to every now and then so I can keep up???
- Finish a latch hook kit craft project that’s been under my bed for years.
- Ride in a hot air balloon. I’m scared of heights, but somehow I think this would just be so cool.
- Start a podcast as an extension of the blog. - Complete
- Start a personal blog (this one, yah! Launched Sept 2011!) - Complete
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- See the 7 Wonders of the World - okay maybe at least one because this is a huge goal!
- Monthly massages and consistent pamper me days. Currently going to The Relax Retreat St. Louis…aaahhhh! - Complete
- Buy a motorcycle and renew my license.
- Take my niece and nephew to experience the wonderfulness of Universal Studios in Orlando, FL.
- Go to Costa Rica.
- Take my multivitamins every single day without missing (at least for a month). So simple yet I haven’t done this yet! - Complete
- Ride in a helicopter (daggone fear of heights has kept me from this but I still want to do it).
- Conduct more speaking engagements professionally. Ongoing but so far have had 4 engagements!
- Buy a hammock for those cool, easy breezy days to lay back and read.
- Spend more time meditating daily. 10-15 minutes a day is all I ask.
- Learn to swim. It’s just plain embarassing to say I can’t swim at my age. Doh!
- Start using coupons more. Who doesn’t like to save??? As a matter of fact, I just bought a St. Louis Entertainment book. Now I just have to remember to use it! - Complete
- Have a thriving side hustle that will move me towards my goal of financial independence.
- Write more erotica (and publish). Yes, I used to write short stories and no they aren’t published anywhere, yet…
- Get back to reading a book a month, at least. I love to read but haven’t been doing so very often lately. – Complete
- Go to New York City and be a complete tourist. - Complete (check the pics!)
- See Zumanity, the sensual side of Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas!
- Create and sell infoproducts.
- Go to Aruba to the Soul Beach Music Festival. - Complete May 2013 and I wrote a post about it…
- Go somewhere really fun and exciting for my 40th birthday.
- Obtain a new rental property (or flip a house).
- Hire an assistant. Or clone myself!
- Take a beginner sewing class.
- Get a Mac - finally! - Complete
- Watch less TV. I’m sure the time saved here can help me reach some of the other goals! - (I’m down to just recording and watching my fav shows) - Complete
- Create a living will.
- Ride a bull, mechanical that is! – Complete
- Create Vision Board retreats/events teaching people how to create and use them.
Bonuses (because there’s so much I want to do)
41. Learns the basics of hula hooping. - Update - bought a weighted hoop; now gotta use it!
42. Do a head stand (unassisted).
43. Attend the World Domination Summit 2014. – Update – got my ticket in October 2013. Yah!
44. Have no credit card balances or car note!
45. Attend Awesomenessfest 2014.
46. Go to LifeBook and get my life development system created.
47. Go on a personal retreat. - Complete; I attended Nourish 2013!
What About You?
Do you have any 25 before 25, 30 before 30, 40 before 40, etc. goals or list? Please share a link to your post or leave a comment below with your big goals!
My Friends’ Lists
- Andrea Amir of Skinny Riches
- The Cubicle Chick’s List
- MELISASource’s List
- Glamazini’s List
- The Black Freelancer’s List